TREATY ONE TERRITORY, WINNIPEG, MANITOBA – September 16, 2023 – Green Party of Manitoba Leader Janine Gibson today announced the party’s four major priorities in this election.
Speaking at a campaign rally held in Winnipeg’s Vimy Ridge Park, Gibson said “Greens believe that a healthy environment, healthy people, a fair economy, and a dynamic democracy are necessary for a sustainable future.”
With these objectives in mind, Gibson said that Green MLAs will be strong advocates in the following areas:
- Fighting the Climate Emergency
- Upstream Approaches to Health and Healthcare
- Making life more affordable with a Basic Income Guarantee
- Reforming our democracy for fairness and sustainability
More Action Plan details are available at https://greenparty.mb.ca/action-plan-2023.
Gibson is running in the Wolseley Constituency, where Green candidates have achieved strong, second place finishes in the past two provincial elections. Born and raised in Wolseley, she worked for several years in Winnipeg’s core, helping women leave the sex trade, before helping found a co-operative organic farm in the Steinbach area. Gibson, who works with farmers to maintain their organic certification, is a pioneer in Canada’s organic food movement; she is Founding Member of the Manitoba Organic Alliance and represents Manitoba on the Organic Federation of Canada and the Canadian General Standards Board Organic Technical Committee.
The Green Party of Manitoba is running in 13 ridings:
- Brandon West – Bill Marsh
- Dawson Trail – Marcel Broesky
- Elmwood – Nicolas Geddert
- Fort Garry – Aaron Kowal
- Kirkfield Park – Dennis Bayomi
- Lac du Bonnet – Blair Mahaffy
- Notre Dame – Micah Dewey
- Portage la Prairie – Arishya Aggarwal
- River Heights – Nathan Zahn
- Rossmere – Devlin Hinchey
- Steinbach – Gabrielle Simard-Nadeau
- Waverley – Manjit Kaur
- Wolseley – Janine Gibson
For more information on candidates and platform, visit our website at https://greenparty.mb.ca/.
FOR INQUIRIES OR INTERVIEW REQUESTS PLEASE CONTACT:
Janine G Gibson
Leader, Green Party of Manitoba