2023 Leadership Contestant
Leadership Contest Status: Approved Applicant
Official Agent: –
We’re at a critical time, Green Parties around the world are needed more than ever. If elected Leader, I’ll proudly represent our Party and work hard to encourage Manitobans support us and elect our first Green MLAs. My top priority will be continuing to engage with you, our members, so you’ll be more involved with GPM. I’ll help recruit more support – money, volunteers, and members – and will emphasize mentoring our young members. I’ll also expand our liaison with other Green Parties throughout Canada and internationally. And as always, I’ll focus on advocating on the Climate Emergency, Basic Income, Preventative Health and electoral reform.
- Lifelong Winnipegger. Community activist. 29+y ethical vegan (1993-present).
- Green Party of Manitoba:
- Member (2019-present)
- Candidate, Kirkfield Park – By-Election (2022) & General Election (2019)
- Volunteer, Wolseley campaign (2019)
- Member, Council & Membership Coordinator (2022-present)
- Chair, IT & Data Oversight Committee (2022-present)
- Member, Recruitment-Training-Retention (RTR) Committee (2020-present)
- Education: Mulvey/Clifton. Gordon Bell. BSc (Hons) Computer Science (UM). MSc Community Health Sciences (UM).
- Career: IT professional. Majority of career at UM Bannatyne Campus, primarily medical school’s computer coordinator (1983-98) and data management analyst (2001-19).
- Since retiring UM (2019): Freelance IT consulting, writing software and helping wife Heidi with information management for her business.
- Boards/steering committees: included Manitoba Eco-Network, Friends of the Winnipeg Public Library, Basketballs for Inner City Kids, Winnipeg Vegetarian Association, Inner City Kids Computer Club.
- Leisure: Cycling. Winter-walking. Playing basketball. Composting. Music-listening (esp. surf instro, early jazz, bluegrass). Reading. Watching football, hockey, and comedy.